Karen and John Huff School Chair and Professor
Affinity Group: Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials
Reginald DesRoches is the Karen and John Huff School Chair, and Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. His primary research interests are design of buildings and critical infrastructure under earthquake loads, and seismic risk assessment. He has a particular interest in mitigating the impacts of earthquakes in the Caribbean and Western Africa. He [Read More]
- Auto-adaptive materials
- Earthquake engineering
- Structural dynamics
- Impact dynamics
- Design and analysis of bridge structures
- Protective systems
- Structural applications of smart materials
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, 1998.
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, 1993.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, 1990.